Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Welcome to Minimalist Martha - I'm Minimalist Martha

Welcome to Minimalist Martha.

How did I come up with the name Minimalist Martha?

Funny story - my mother in law nicknamed me Betty (After Betty Crocker) to get on my nerves. I do far more than Betty Crocker - I silently told myself that I'm more like Martha Stewart - my favorite Felon.

Quick end to the Mother in Law story - I nicknamed her Susan (Lazy Susan) and the Betty comments stopped.

I am making this blog per request from a few close friends. I hold them dear to my heart and I don't want to open up my personal online social networking pages to strangers (No offense) so a free blog seemed like a pretty great idea!

Quickly about me - I'm a homemaker, an author (I won't be promoting my work here unless I write something relevant to the content here) and I bake and sew and craft and garden and the little known secret is that I am very lazy about it all.

I am a mother of two little girls with a wonderful fiance. The girls are 5 and 6 and we have one baby on the way! (So I hope to have a baby section added over the summer!)

What do I plan on blogging about?

I plan to blog about how minimalism in most things but mostly about creating simpler, easier, less stressful household. Because I look at a lot of things around my own home and think "There has to be a better way".

I hope that you will come on this journey with me as I try to document my little adventures! I'll try to do mostly do-it-yourself tutorials but I'll also be actively trying out 'experiments' and posting the results as I go along. I do enough random uncertain things that I can see the value in posting a failure as much as a success to save others from making similar mistakes!

Thanks for tagging along and I hope to post at least one a week.


No comments:

Post a Comment